Trainee Lawyer Program
Maurice Blackburn's Trainee Lawyer Program is designed to
combine your formal training with invaluable hands-on experience.
The program provides a wide range of training aimed at
familiarising you with all aspects of plaintiff law.
The program encourages active participation and contribution,
enabling you to be rewarded with excellent training opportunities,
tangible professional development, and a real sense of
Most trainee lawyers can expect to spend one rotation in a
suburban or regional office, and one rotation in the city
What do we look for in a trainee lawyer?
Each year Maurice Blackburn recruits a total of up to 20 trainee
lawyers in our Victorian and Queensland offices. Our successful
candidates will have clearly demonstrated the following:
- a genuine interest in plaintiff law, including a knowledge of
our areas of practice
- an understanding of our history, and an appreciation of our
- sound academic achievements in law
- superior communication skills
- an ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- an empathy for diversity and social justice.
See what some of our trainee lawyers have to say
about the Trainee Lawyer Program.