Qualification(s): LLB, B App Sc
David Barnden is an Associate in Maurice Blackburn's Class Actions department in Sydney. His practice focuses on investigating and litigating shareholder class actions. David is currently working on:
- Cash Converters NSW class actions on behalf of 38,000 group members, and
- Treasury Wine Estate class action on behalf of shareholders.
David has also successfully resolved claims for misleading or deceptive conduct against:
- National Australia Bank (NAB Ltd) for $115 million on behalf of over 15,000 group members
- Transpacific Industries Group Ltd on behalf of over 600 group members
- Nufarm Ltd that settled for $46.6m, and
- AWB Ltd following the Iraq oil for wheat scandal.
David was a part of Maurice Blackburn's legal team that represented Aid/Watch in a ground-breaking High Court appeal. He previously worked for the Center for Human Rights and Environment in Argentina and BankTrack in the Netherlands. He sits on the board of Jubilee Australia and the steering committee of Solar Citizens.