Qualification(s): BA (Hons), LLB (Hons)
Dimitra is a Principal who has been in Maurice Blackburn's medical negligence team in Melbourne since 2000 and acts exclusively on behalf of individuals injured as a result of poor medical care.
She has expertise in a number of areas including failure to diagnose and treat by emergency departments, obstetric and birth trauma claims and cancer cases.
Her recent cases include:
- development of paraplegia as a result of failure to monitor the effects epidural anaesthesia;
- a $5 million settlement for an infant who was given an excessive dose of intravenous saline resulting in brain damage;
- obstetric and birth trauma cases including cerebral palsy claims necessitating a thorough analysis of the ante-natal and labour management and the therapy and equipment needs of the disabled infant;
- late diagnosis of cancer cases involving review of test results and the effect earlier diagnosis would have made and
- coronial investigations and inquests including representing the family of a mother of four young children who died after a routine operation.
Dimitra is based in our Melbourne office.
Dimitra is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Personal Injury Specialist.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Law Institute of Victoria Public Liability & Medical Negligence Committee
- Australian Medical Association/Law Institute of Victoria/Victorian Bar Medico Legal Committee.