Water Sport Accident Compensation
Whether you jet ski, surf, or kayak, water sports carry an inherent risk of injury. High-speed water activities are particularly risky.
If you or your family have been injured in a water sport accident, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers have public liability experts who can assess your case and give you the best chance of making a successful claim for compensation.
Your initial consultation is free and we have experts on water sport injuries nationwide.
What does my water accident claim depend on?
Your claim will depend on the extent to which:
- You were owed a duty of care
- Care was not taken by the other party
- You were hurt and suffered losses as a result of their lack of care
This is a complex area of law that varies from state to state and at the federal level. There are also time limits to making claims that you will need to know.
We recommend obtaining our expert legal services for more information.
What do I need to start a claim?
It is important that you gather evidence of the incident as soon as possible.
Critical information includes:
- medical scans and reports of your injury
- photographs of your injury
- photographs of the location of the accident
- records of any communications with legal occupiers of the space and witnesses
- records and receipts for any other losses you incurred
It is best that you bring this information to your lawyer for an assessment of your claim. Our public liability lawyers have extensive experience managing water sport accident cases and can advise you on your eligibility for compensation.
Are only medical bills compensated?
No. The law caters for a variety of losses incurred as a result of your accident.
Common categories for compensation include:
- Medical treatment and hospitalisation
- Loss of wages and superannuation
- Damages for pain and suffering – physical and psychological
- Costs associated with domestic assistance
- Costs associated with home modifications
You may also be eligible for a superannuation lump sum or compensation through your own insurance policies.
Who do I contact for legal advice?
Maurice Blackburn Lawyers have a long history of successful cases in public liability. Our personal injury lawyers are committed to managing you claim efficiently and sensitively.
We also offer a ‘no win no fee’ payment schedule. If we lose, you pay nothing for our services.
We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and throughout Australia. Talk to one of our team today.