Have you had a sickness and accident policy with Combined Insurance?
Maurice Blackburn can provide independent legal advice to ensure you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Following an investigation by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) into the Combined Insurance Division of Chubb Insurance Australia Limited, ASIC identified numerous instances of misconduct by Authorised Representatives of Combined Insurance, which resulted in Combined Insurance entering into an Enforceable Undertaking with ASIC.
What is the Combined Insurance Remediation Action Plan (RAP)?
The RAP allows eligible consumers who are worse off and/or have suffered loss or damage relating the sale of these policies to seek compensation for their loss.
ASIC identified the following issues with Combined Insurance:
- Overselling of insurance policies:
- Clients were sold polices which duplicated their existing held cover held
- Churning of insurance policies:
- Clients were encouraged to cancel their existing policies and purchase new policies which had no benefit and in some circumstances, were to the detriment of the client
- Selling of unsuitable policies:
- Clients were advised to purchase policies under which they would not be eligible for coverage.
Are you eligible to have your insurance policies reviewed?
If you were sold a Combined Insurance sickness and accident policy between 1 January 2012 and 24 February 2016, you should seek independent legal advice.
We provide a free initial consultation and if we take on your claim we will act on a 'no win, no fee'* basis.
If you have received a written invitation to participate in the RAP from Combined Insurance, you will have 12 months from the date of the invitation to register for the RAP. If you did not receive an invitation, you have until December 2017 to request a review.
Please contact us if you would like assistance in requesting a review or in the RAP process.
All you need to know about financial advice disputes
Have you been given wrong, misleading or negligent advice from financial planners, brokers or financial advisors? We can help you recover what’s rightfully yours.