Rental property
accident lawyers

Rental accident compensation claims

If you are injured because of the action or inaction of your landlord or agent, we can help you claim compensation through the civil court process. If they did not meet their duties, outlined in the tenant agreement, you can make a claim for pain and suffering, physical injury or the death of someone close to you.

Can you make a claim?

Many claims against landlords are covered by the Residential Tenancies Act and are handled through administrative claims tribunals. If you want to make a personal injury claim against a current or former landlord in the civil court system, you'll want to talk with an experienced public liability lawyer.

For more information on the types of claims you can make, you can read about renter's recourse here.

Why Maurice Blackburn?

Maurice Blackburn has been resolving these types of claims for nearly 100 years. Our team understands every aspect of the process and can help you through it.

We also offer 'no win, no fee'* arrangements for these types of cases, which means that you don’t have to pay for our legal services if we don't win.

Maurice Blackburn Lawyers has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and throughout Australia.

Contact us today to find out how we can help.

Barbara’s story

Barbara was at a friend’s rental home when the balcony collapsed. She dislocated her shoulder and needed surgery. We helped her earn $120,000 in compensation.

All you need to know about public liability

You have the right to be safe when you’re in a public place. If you have been hurt as the result of another person or organisation’s negligent behaviour you may be able to make a public liability claim for compensation.

No win, no fee*

Our public liability lawyers are experienced in winning fair compensation for our clients on a no win, no fee basis.

Our fees and agreements

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

Can we help?

Find an office near you

Let us contact you

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

We take calls 24/7

Call us now
1800 305 568

Free Call

Find an office near you

Let us contact you