Have you suffered from a medication error reaction?
Complications involving drugs or drug treatment can include:
- an overdose due to a doctor or pharmacist's mistake
- birth defects from medicine given to mothers during pregnancy
- toxic drug interactions (during antibiotic treatment and chemotherapy, for example)
- issues from cholesterol-lowering drugs
- aminophylline overdose
- issues from improperly monitoring drugs used to treat chronic conditions such as asthma, hypertension and psychiatric illness
- anaesthesia issues
- a stroke caused by experimental drugs used to treat a heart attack
- hearing loss from Gentamicin toxicity.
Why Maurice Blackburn?
We know that malpractice relating to medication and drug treatment can have devastating consequences. If you or a loved one has a complication due to a medication error, our team can help you understand your legal options to achieve the best possible outcome.
We are Australia's leading medical negligence law firm and have a team of dedicated professionals who only handle medical malpractice claims. This team has successfully represented hundreds of patients and their families in complex and sensitive cases.
Medical malpractice laws are different across states and territories, so it's important to have a local lawyer with national resources. That's why we have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and throughout Australia.
If you think you have experienced medical malpractice, talk to us today to find out how we can help you.
We provide our medical negligence legal services on a 'no win, no fee'* basis. This means that you will only pay our legal fees if you receive a settlement or compensation. You would not be charged our fees if the claim is not pursued after investigation.
All you need to know about medical negligence
If your health care professional, hospital or other facility breaches what’s known as their duty of care, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.