Have you experienced negligent obstetric treatment?
Medical negligence claims relating to pregnancy and childbirth complications include:
- injury to the mother by failing to recognise serious emergency conditions
- injury to the mother by poorly managing post-partum haemorrhage
- injury to the mother by failing to recognise the extent of a vaginal tear
- injury to the mother by failing to manage pre-eclampsia after delivery, resulting in seizures and kidney failure.
Paediatric malpractice compensation
Maurice Blackburn can help you ensure the future wellbeing of your family. We can help parents or guardians claim medical negligence compensation on behalf of a child. This compensation is normally managed by a trustee and the parents or guardians. Common paediatrics claims on behalf of children include:
- brain damage to a baby resulting in cerebral palsy
- brain damage to a baby caused by allowing the labour to continue when there were signs indicating a need for urgent caesarean section delivery
- brain damage caused to a baby by forceps delivery
- brain damage to a baby caused by failing to recognise a high risk pregnancy
- death of a baby by failing to treat the mother and baby for infection and Group B Strep
- death of a baby by Keillands Forceps rotation
- Erbs palsy/shoulder dystocia
- brain damage caused by drugs given during pregnancy or by the mismanagement of labour and delivery
- nerve damage, cervical cord injury and skull fracture during delivery
- inadequate resuscitation at birth
- inadequate management of hypoglycemia after birth.
Why Maurice Blackburn?
If negligence or malpractice on the part of your doctor, midwife or hospital has resulted in pregnancy or childbirth complications, our experienced medical malpractice team can help fight for your rights and claim personal injury compensation. Many of our lawyers are women, so you always have the option to speak to a woman if you prefer.
At Maurice Blackburn our specialised medical negligence lawyers are here to fight for you. And while we understand that monetary compensation can’t ever replace quality of life, the needs and future wellbeing of you and your family are our top priority, and we’ll work hard to make sure you receive the best possible outcome.
If you think you have experienced medical malpractice, talk to us today to find out how we can help you.
We provide our medical negligence legal services on a 'no win, no fee'* basis. This means that you will only pay our legal fees if you receive a settlement or compensation. You would not be charged our fees if the claim is not pursued after investigation.
All you need to know about medical negligence
If your health care professional, hospital or other facility breaches what’s known as their duty of care, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.