Claiming compensation for industrial deafness
Understanding your rights is the first step to accessing compensation.
If you are suffering from permanent hearing damage as a result of your employment conditions, Maurice Blackburn can help you understand if you have a claim. Our expert lawyers will guide you through the legal process, draft the necessary paperwork and provide advice along the way. Your claim will take around 12 weeks from lodging your application.
Why Maurice Blackburn?
Our expert work-related illness lawyers can assist you by:
- providing a free initial consultation and advising you on the criteria you need to meet to make a successful claim for industrial deafness
- arranging a referral to our Queensland-wide hearing partner who can provide a pre-claim audiologist hearing assessment before lodging your claim
- preparing the claim documents and collecting all necessary information required to ensure prompt acceptance of your claim
- preparing submissions on your behalf to the Workers’ Compensation Regulator for acceptance of your personal injury claim, if your claim is rejected by the insurer
- providing advice for reassessment of your hearing loss to determine the best way to maximise any compensation you may be entitled to
- ensuring you are treated fairly and in accordance with the legislation.
We offer 'no win, no fee'* arrangements for these types of cases, which means that you don’t have to pay for our legal services if we don't win.
Contact us today to find out how we can help.