Qualification(s): BA, LLB
Ben Bromberg is an employment and industrial lawyer in Maurice Blackburn’s Melbourne office.
Ben holds a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts from Monash University and was admitted to practice in 2016. He has experience as an industrial officer for a union and worked as a paralegal in Maurice Blackburn’s superannuation and insurance department and overseas as an intern for the International Trade Union Confederation in Brussels. He is part of the team listed by the prestigious Doyles Guide as the only first tier law firm for employee & trade union representation in Victoria in 2018.
Ben's best employment law results include:
- settling an unlawful discrimination class action against the Commonwealth for $100 million
- obtaining reinstatement for an employee who had lost her job over false allegations of fraud
- settling a claim of racial discrimination against the chairman of a listed company
- successfully representing an employee through a workplace investigation involving allegations of bullying and harassment, and
- defending a claim against a client who’s former employer was seeking to stop them from working for a competitor.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Australian Institute of Employment Rights member
- Industrial Relations Society of Victoria member