Bridie Murphy is an experienced employment Associate in Maurice Blackburn’s Melbourne office. She helps employees with a wide range of work-related issues, and is part of the team listed by the prestigious Doyles Guide as the only first tier law firm for employee & trade union representation in Victoria in 2018.
Bridie's successful outcomes include:
- obtaining the first interim order in the Fair Work Commission (FWC) anti-bullying jurisdiction
- negotiating an exit package equivalent to 2 years remuneration for a senior manager who had been victimised for making complaints about his employment
- assisting a suspended health professional defend allegations of serious misconduct and be reinstated to her position after a botched workplace investigation
- obtaining compensation, a statement of regret and an internal policy change for an employee who had been discriminated against on the basis of their gender identity
- representing multiple victims of wage theft in claiming and obtaining compensation for their underpayments, and
- representing a senior employee in negotiations around confidential information and a restraint of trade at the conclusion of their more than 20 years’ service to a company.
Bridie previously worked in Maurice Blackburn’s compensation and Superannuation and Insurance departments.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- Maurice Blackburn's Women's Network member