Qualification(s): LLB (Hons), GDipLabRelLaw, MA
Consuela Catalini is an Associate in Maurice Blackburn’s Melbourne Employment and Industrial team. She practices in all aspects of employment and workplace relations law and is listed by the prestigious Doyles Guide as part of the only first tier law firm for employee & trade union representation in Victoria in 2017.
Consuela represents employees, including senior executives, public sector employees and union members and advises on:
- workplace investigations
- unfair dismissal, adverse action and unlawful dismissal claims
- performance management and disciplinary processes
- discrimination, workplace bullying and sexual harassment claims
- negotiating favourable employment contracts, including advising on restraints of trade
- redundancy pay claims
- breach of contract claims, including reasonable notice claims, and
- exit strategies prior to the termination of employment
Consuela is ably qualified, holding Honours in Law, a Graduate Diploma in Employment and Labour Relations Law and Master of Arts. Importantly, Consuela’s diverse and extensive employer experience allows her to apply a unique and insider perspective on each issue she advises her clients. This experience includes working for a number of national corporate law firms as well as the Victorian State Government. She joined Maurice Blackburn in 2015.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- Maurice Blackburn’s Women's Network member