Qualification(s): BA, LLB (Hons)
Declan Murphy is an employment lawyer in Maurice Blackburn's Melbourne office.
Declan has experience in a wide range of employment law services, including unfair dismissal, general protections, discrimination, anti-bullying applications, workplace investigations and restraints of trade. His achievements include successfully:
- defending a senior public service employee from an unfair workplace investigation and negotiated a settlement on his behalf
- defending a senior operations employee from the operation of an unlawful restraint of trade clause
- acting on behalf of 7-Eleven workers who were systematically underpaid by their employers, and
- settling an unfair dismissal claim on behalf of a software technician against a major social media company.
Before joining Maurice Blackburn's employment team, Declan graduated with first class honours in Law at Monash University. He has worked in a diverse range of legal practice areas, including Workcover, superannuation and institutional abuse.
Outside of Maurice Blackburn, Declan dedicates time to refugee advocacy.
Memberships and accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member