Qualification(s): LLB (Hons), BA
Jenica Lim-Young is a medical negligence Associate in Maurice Blackburn's Sydney office. She also sees clients in the ACT.
Jenica helps people with a wide variety of medical malpractice claims, including misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis, birth trauma and other paediatric compensation claims. She graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Arts from Monash University. Before joining Maurice Blackburn, Jenica worked for a number of years at Eastern Community Legal Centre in Victoria, and as part of the Child Protection legal team at the Crown Solicitor's Office in New South Wales.
Jenica first joined Maurice Blackburn in our Melbourne office, where she represented workers in their compensation claims, managing the Comcare department in Melbourne before relocating to our Sydney office in 2014. She is a compassionate, dedicated lawyer who is committed to fighting for people who have suffered injustice.
“It is extremely rewarding to know that I can use my experience, knowledge and skills to obtain compensation and answers for our clients. I enjoy building a relationship with our clients and gain great personal satisfaction from working hard to achieve a positive outcome which will provide them closure, as well as some security for an otherwise uncertain future,” says Jenica.
Jenica also understands that medical negligence claims are often extremely personal in nature and she treats her clients with the utmost respect and dignity. Most of her cases settle without the need to go to court, but Jenica also has the courtroom skills required if litigation is in her clients’ best interests.
Jenica also has experience as a peer educator for women's health organisations and has run human rights education workshops for children through the 'Human Rights are Aussie Rules' program.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Society of New South Wales Accredited Specialist
- Law Society of NSW member
- Law Society of NSW Civil Litigation Committee member
- Law Society of NSW Animal Law Committee member
- Law Society of NSW Diversity and Inclusion Committee member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- Women Lawyers; Association of New South Wales member
- Maurice Blackburn’s New South Wales Cultural Diversity Committee Chair
- Maurice Blackburn’s Indigenous and Land Rights Committee member
- Maurice Blackburn’s Women’s Network member