Jessica Dawson-Field is an employment lawyer in Maurice Blackburn’s Melbourne office. She helps employees navigate a wide range of employment-related issues throughout their working life and is listed by the prestigious Doyles Guide as part of the only first tier law firm for employee & trade union representation in Australia in 2018.
Jessica holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Juris Doctor. Before joining the firm, Jessica gained experience working in an employment and commercial litigation team for a top tier commercial firm, as well as a union. She was also a Student Research Fellow at the Centre of Employment and Labour Relations Law at the University of Melbourne.
Jessica's employment law results include:
- instructing at the Fair Work Commission in three cases where an employee was reinstated after being unfairly dismissed
- negotiating favourable exit packages for employees in circumstances of redundancy, bullying and discrimination
- instructing in an urgent injunction application to restrain an employer from terminating an employee, and
- assisting victims of sexual harassment and discrimination make complaints to State and Federal human rights commissions.
Accreditations and memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- Young Workers Centre Committee of Management member
- Western Community Legal Centre former volunteer
- Women's Legal Service former volunteer