Jessica Naimo is a Senior Associate in Maurice Blackburn’s class actions department in Sydney.
She holds a Bachelor of Laws and has more than a decade of experience in litigation specialising in regulatory litigation with a focus on financial services and consumer law. Jessica recently led the successful shareholder class action against Sirtex Medical Limited which settled in June 2019.
She also played a leading role in the investigation and commencement of the Radio Rentals class action, the Cash Converters class actions and is currently working on the Westpac responsible lending class action.
Jessica is an approachable and professional lawyer who is particularly skilled in negotiation and mediation. Her background includes experience as a senior in-house lawyer at Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) focussing on financial and credit regulation from a consumer perspective, Indigenous consumer issues, legal analysis and enforcement, and surveillance. Jessica joined Maurice Blackburn in 2016, after working for the ASIC, two other Sydney law firms, and the City of Sydney.
Jessica's major litigation wins include:
- achieving settlement in a complex shareholder class action for alleged breaches of continuous disclosure laws (June 2019)
- issuing penalty infringements to companies for breaches of credit and consumer laws (ASIC)
- successful civil proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia regarding misconduct by companies providing financial products to vulnerable consumers
- investigating and commencing class action proceedings against listed companies for alleged breaches of responsible lending and credit legislation.
Jessica joined our class actions team because she is passionate about achieving justice for everyday Australians.
"My varied legal background enables me to comprehensively represent my clients, because I bring experience to the table from regulatory environments as well as private practice," says Jessica.
Jessica also places a high value on physical and mental health, and has been an accredited yoga teacher since 2013.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Society of NSW member
- Maurice Blackburn Women's Network NSW member