Qualification(s): LLB (Hons), GDipLP, LLM
Martin Mallon is an experienced lawyer in our Brisbane office and practices exclusively in Wills and Estates dispute resolution and litigation.
Martin joined Maurice Blackburn in 2018 and has acted for both plaintiffs and defendants across a range of Wills and Estate litigation matters including:
- family provision applications (contesting and defending)
- validity of testamentary documents (Wills)
- applications to remove executors
- executors in dispute with co-executors
- representing beneficiary's interests under an estate
- claims for breach of trust
- representing applicants in complaints to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority formerly named Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
- testamentary capacity issues
- elder abuse.
Martin has practiced in estate litigation since his admission and has developed a strong passion in this area.
He is driven by a strong belief that legal advice should be accessible to everyone, not just those who can afford it.
"Clients involved in wills and estate disputes are typically going through deeply emotional and highly stressful situations. It is my ultimate goal to strongly advocate on my clients’ behalf to achieve the best possible outcomes for them which can be life changing. This is incredibly rewarding."
Martin is a volunteer at the Caxton Legal Centre and also spent several years volunteering at the Robina Community Legal Service.
He holds a Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial Law), Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice and Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Bond University. Martin is admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia.
Awards and memberships
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Lawyers Alliance