Matthew Littlejohn is a personal injuries lawyer practising in Maurice Blackburn’s Darwin office.
An enthusiastic and accomplished legal practitioner with significant research, advocacy, presentation skills, Matthew is particularly interested in complex legal. He completed his legal studies at Griffith University and the Australian National University, and was admitted to practice law in 2015.
Matthew has experience working in a wide variety of personal injury law, including medical negligence, Comcare and workers’ compensation, CTP and road accident injuries, and public liability compensation.
Commencing his career as a legal assistant in 2010, Matthew first joined the firm as a paralegal in 2012. He then served as an Associate to the Hon. Justice Judith Kelly of the Northern Territory Supreme Court, before returning to Maurice Blackburn in 2014. In this time, he amassed significant practical experience and theoretical knowledge, and was awarded a number of legal and community awards.
“The most rewarding part of my work is being able to help people who have suffered through no fault of their own,” says Matthew.
“I’m constantly inspired by the clients we work for. Often our clients have suffered catastrophic injury or the death of a loved one, but they are still able to go on with their life and are often the most amazing individuals.”
Matthew is also a passionate about social justice, and he is part of the firm’s legal team challenging the Attorney General’s increase in divorce fees.
Accreditations & memberships
- Northern Territory Law Society member
- Northern Territory Law Society Legal Practice Committee member
- Australian Law Students’ Association life member
- Griffith University Law Students’ Association life member
- Maurice Blackburn LGBTIQ Network member
- Maurice Blackburn Cultural Diversity Group member
- Out for Australia QLD Executive Committee member and mentor co-ordinator
- Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards Young Gun of the Year 2017
- Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Insurance finalist 2015
- QLD Golden Gavel 2014
- NT Golden Gavel 2013
- National Golden Gavel People’s Choice Award 2013
- Rotary Youth Leadership Award 2011
- Gold Coast Young Achiever of the Year finalist 2010