Qualification(s): BA, LLB (Hons)
Natalie Devitsakis is a road accident injuries and social justice Associate, practising in Maurice Blackburn’s Greensborough office. She assists clients who have suffered injuries to understand their entitlements and access compensation under the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) system.
Natalie holds Bachelor degrees in Arts and Law, and joined Maurice Blackburn in 2011 as a trainee lawyer. She was admitted as a lawyer in 2012, and relishes the opportunity to balance legal work with daily interactions with her clients, their families and their treating practitioners.
“I’m inspired by working with lawyers who never rest on their laurels, but who constantly find creative ways to push the envelope and ultimately, obtain better outcomes for their clients,” says Natalie.
“Equally inspiring are my clients, who are often facing difficulties in multiple areas of their life, all while attempting to cope with the significant impacts of their injuries.”
Recently, Natalie was part of the team that successfully acted for the ‘Tecoma 8’ protestors who were sued by McDonalds for peacefully protesting against their planned restaurant in Tecoma in the Dandenong Ranges. This high profile case quashed attempts to use the courts to target individuals and hold them responsible for the actions of the whole demonstration. The case had critical implications for union pickets, environmental direct actions, student protests, and residents groups opposing development.
Natalie is fluent in Greek as well as English. She is currently on extended leave.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- Australian Women Lawyers member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- Eastern Suburban Lawyers Association member
- Legal Information & Referral Service of the Australian Greek Welfare Society volunteer solicitor
- Maurice Blackburn Women’s Network assistant convenor
- Liberty Victoria member
- Law Institute of Victoria Court Practices Committee member, 2014
- SisterWorks executive member, 2013-2014
- Victorian Women Lawyers executive member, 2011-2013