Qualification(s): LLB (Hons), BComms
Nina Abbey is a Senior Associate in Maurice Blackburn’s Sydney Class Actions practice.
She is currently working on the Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda class actions commenced on behalf of Australian consumers in relation to the international “dieselgate” emissions issue.
Nina has worked on a number of Maurice Blackburn’s previous successful class actions including:
- the DePuy (LCS Duofix Femoral Component) class action which compensated people who were surgically implanted with faulty knee implants;
- a class action on behalf of young people falsely imprisoned by the New South Wales Police Force; and
- the Amcor / Visy cartel class action which secured a settlement of $120 million on behalf of affected group members.
Nina graduated from University of Technology, Sydney with Bachelor degrees in Communications and Laws (First Class Honours). She is driven by a strong sense of justice and fairness and finds that working in class actions allows her to help to enforce the rights of people who have been treated unfairly or taken advantage of by those in positions of power.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Society of NSW member
- Australian Lawyers for Human Rights member
- Maurice Blackburn Women’s Law Section member
- Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 finalist