Penelope Parker is a lawyer in our Employment law team in our Sydney office. Penelope has a history of working within the labour movement and has experience representing clients in both employment and industrial disputes. Penelope has experience acting for clients in a variety of industries at all levels of seniority.
"A person's employment situation is integral to their financial security, sense of purpose and is often a determinative factor in how much time a person is able to spend with their friends and family. The most rewarding thing about being an employment lawyer is assisting clients to find resolutions to injustices in their workplaces, which has a significant flow on effect to other parts of their lives."
Penelope is an enthusiastic, hardworking and compassionate lawyer. She assists clients in a range of employment disputes including unfair dismissal applications, general protections applications, discrimination complaints, bullying matters and enterprise agreement disputes. She is skilled at negotiating settlements prior to disputes being litigated but also has experience in litigating matters in the Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court and the Fair Work Commission.
She is currently studying a Masters of Labour Law and Relations at the University of Sydney.
Penelope has successfully:
- Assisted victims of sexual harassment and discrimination make complaints to their employers and to the Australian Human Rights Commission.
- Assisted a senior manager successfully defend allegations of misconduct which resulted in his continued employment.
- Assisted numerous clients make unfair dismissal applications to the Fair Work Commission, which have resulted in favourable settlement outcomes.
Memberships & Awards
- Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Finalist, 2021 - Employment and Workplace Relations
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- NSW Young Lawyers Member
- NSW Young Lawyers Workplace and Safety Law Committee Member
- Member of NSW Society of Labor Lawyers.