Qualification(s): LLB (Hons)
Sarah Atkinson is a Principal at Maurice Blackburn who manages Queensland legal practices. She is based in Maroochydore and sees clients face-to-face throughout Queensland. Sarah is named by the prestigious Doyle's Guide as a recommended medical negligence lawyer in Queensland.
Sarah gained her law degree in England and France, and has more than 20 years of experience as a plaintiff lawyer. After practicing law in the United Kingdom, she moved to Brisbane in 2002 and joined Maurice Blackburn three years later.
“I hear some shocking and confronting stories which can be challenging but I find this also motivates me to do the very best for my clients. I’m passionate about protecting the rights of people in disadvantaged situations and I’m inspired when I see families who have been through bad situations pick themselves up and move on.”
Sarah has successfully represented hundreds of people, and has achieved multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of some of her clients. She has also represented clients in high profile cases that have attracted international media attention.
“I have a keen interest in my area of law and a desire to fight for the rights of vulnerable people. It is rewarding to make a real difference to the lives of families and help to ensure their financial security.”
Sarah can share more about her particular area of legal expertise if you contact her directly.
Memberships & accreditations
- Queensland Law Society Member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance Member
- Sunshine Coast Law Association Member
- Maurice Blackburn Women’s Network Co-Convenor
- Doyles Guide recommended plaintiff lawyer in Queensland in medical negligence, 2017
- Doyles Guide leading plaintiff lawyer in Queensland in medical negligence, 2016
- Queensland Law Society Award for Outstanding Achievement, 2015