Transport Workers Union portal
Maurice Blackburn and the TWU
Maurice Blackburn lawyers will go the extra mile to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you are injured at work or have suffered loss, I recommend Maurice Blackburn Lawyers. They are the experts in personal injury law and will get you the best possible outcome.
Maurice Blackburn champions the same values and causes as the TWU. Their lawyers have successfully fought to improve workers’ rights and to achieve fairness in the workplace.
Maurice Blackburn is the preferred legal advisor for our union. While the firm has a strong reputation in work and road injury compensation, they can also help you with a range of other services including financial advice or will disputes, medical negligence, asbestos related diseases and superannuation and insurance matters.
As a union member you can benefit from a range of free legal services, including a free initial consultation and a standard will.
The TWU is proud to stand alongside Maurice Blackburn Lawyers, who has successfully represented thousands of our members.
If you need legal advice or assistance, please contact the TWU on 1800 804 533, or contact Maurice Blackburn directly.
Transport Workers’ Union
From our blog
WorkCover win for Hazelwood mine fire excavator operator
When the Hazelwood open cut mine fire broke out in Victoria’s Latrobe Valley in early 2014, experienced excavator operat...
Your Maurice Blackburn team
What you need to know about Comcare and how to make a claim
All you need to know about Medical Negligence and how to make a claim
Benefits for being an TWU member
Find out what our specialist lawyers can do for you
As a member of the TWU you have the bonus advantage of having Maurice Blackburn in your corner. We have a 100-year history of fighting for Australians to get a fair go. And we have fought alongside and on behalf of trade unions every step of the way. That's almost a century of providing successful and innovative legal advice to trade unions across Australia, covering workplace disputes, industrial action, good faith bargaining, breaches of awards and agreements, and union right of entry matters.
After a hundred years' experience under our belts, we’ve become experts at protecting and enhancing union members' rights. Which is why we are Australia's leading trade union law firm. We've been working together with the TWU for many years championing the rights of everyday people and defending workers' rights.
As a TWU member your membership gives you access to:
- free telephone advice regarding Personal Injuries
- a free half hour consultation with one of our Industrial and Employment lawyers if referred through the TWU
- free first consultation for all Personal Injury services
- 'no win, no fee'* for all Personal Injury services
- discounted fees for Personal Injury services
- an office close to your location
- the creation of a free standard Will for you and your partner
- access to our asbestos register.
Our specialist team of lawyers can be relied upon to:
- be available when you need us and rapidly respond
- perform reliably and dependably
- use our unparalleled geographic spread of offices throughout Australia
- keep you updated with developments on the legal landscape which may have implications for your members, their risk exposures, and for your organisation
- achieve the highest volume of media coverage if necessary
- avoid any conflict of interest, or even the appearance of possible conflict
- remain loyal and discreet in our dealings with you.