Car insurance lawyers

Motor vehicle insurance claims lawyers

Motor vehicle insurance covers you for damages done to your vehicle, and for damage caused by your vehicle to someone else's. If you own a motor vehicle, regardless of its age it’s a good idea to have it insured, even if it’s only third party insurance.

All motor vehicle owners in Australia automatically pay Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance as part of their motor vehicle registration. But, unfortunately, car insurers often won't automatically offer to pay you the entirety of your compensations entitlements. That's why we’ll provide you with expert legal advice that puts your interests first.

If you’ve been involved in a car accident and have sustained an injury, you can read more about CTP insurance.

Terms and conditions vary between car insurers. That's why Maurice Blackburn’s car insurance lawyers are experts at working out the fine print in insurance policies to help you get your full entitlements.

Why Maurice Blackburn?

Maurice Blackburn's motor vehicle insurance claims lawyers are experts, and we understand the importance of having someone in your corner when you're taking on a well-resourced insurance company when making a car insurance claim.

We offer 'no win, no fee'* arrangements for these types of cases, which means that you don’t have to pay for our legal services if we don't win. We have insurance claims lawyers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin and throughout Australia. Contact us today to find out how we can help.

Kim Shaw

Executive Director, National Head of Personal Legal Services, Melbourne

'I am passionate about helping people know their rights and ensure they receive their lawful entitlements at a time of significant disruption and anxiety in their lives.'

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I covered for fire or flood damage to, or theft of, my motor vehicle?

Yes, usually.

What is my duty of disclosure?

Before you take out or renew your insurance, you have to tell the insurer anything that could be relevant to your cover. You also have to truthfully answer questions they ask. This is called a duty of disclosure. This can include any alterations you’ve made to your car, such as adding a new sound system, special wheels or security system.

If you breach your duty of disclosure, the insurer might try not to pay you, although often with help you can force them to pay.

When should I claim?

As soon as possible, but you may still be able to claim after a long time. To find out how to make a claim or if you are having any problems, contact us.

No win, no fee*

Our insurance claim lawyers are experienced in winning fair compensation for our clients on a no win, no fee basis.

Our fees and agreements

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

Can we help?
Find an office near you
Your local office

Let us contact you

It doesn’t cost you anything to know where you stand

We take calls 24/7

Call us now
1800 305 568

Free Call

Find an office near you
Your local office

Let us contact you