Maurice Blackburn Lawyers are Australia’s leading medical malpractice law firm. We have successfully represented people who have experienced medical negligence relating to drugs and drug treatment. If you have been hurt by a medication error, our experienced personal injury lawyers can help you claim compensation.
Have you suffered a medication error reaction?
We can help you claim compensation for medical negligence involving drugs and drug treatment against a doctor or a hospital in cases including:
- overdose due to doctor or pharmacist errors;
- birth defects from medicine given to mothers during pregnancy;
- toxic drug interactions (for example, during antibiotic treatment and chemotherapy);
- treatment with cholesterol-lowering drugs;
- aminophylline overdose;
- improper monitoring of drugs for chronic conditions including asthma, hypertension and psychiatric illness;
- awareness under anaesthetic; and
- using experimental drugs to treat a heart attack that then lead to a stroke.
If you or a member of your family has experienced a medical error reaction, we can help. Talk to one of our medical negligence team today. We have offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and throughout Australia.
All you need to know about Medical Negligence
If your health care professional, hospital or other facility breaches what’s known as their duty of care, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Types of Medical negligence
- Surgery, medicine, misdiagnosis & informed consent
- Surgery compensation
- Medication error compensation
- Misdiagnosis compensation
- Informed consent
- Obstetrics, paediatrics & gynaecology
- Wrongful birth
- Pregnancy and childbirth complications
- Obstetric, paediatric and gynaecology compensation
- Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis of cancer
- Wrongful diagnosis of cancer
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Misdiagnosis of cancer
- Late diagnosis of cancer