Fly in-fly out workers' compensation

Making a workers’ compensation claim when you’re in a fly in-fly out (FIFO) job can be an additional level of legal red tape, so it pays to seek legal advice as soon as possible.

Maurice Blackburn is a national law firm, so we have a local lawyer who can help you look at the big picture and ensure you make a claim under the compensation scheme that will get you the best outcome. Depending on your employer, you may be covered by the national Comcare Scheme, or by a state-based workers’ compensation scheme. If you’re under a state scheme, you may have different entitlements depending on:

  • the state where you usually work
  • the state where you are usually based for that employment, or
  • the state where your employer’s head office is located.

These compensation schemes vary considerably, so talk with us about your legal rights. We’re experienced in representing workers in the mining industry and we can accommodate the unusual hours you work. So if you’re still working but you’re injured or you have another legal issue, email us and we’ll get back to you at a time that suits.

Maurice Blackburn have lawyers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and throughout Australia. Contact us today to find out if we can help you with your claim.