Partner with our experts to solve the big problems.
National graduate program
Gaining entrance to the Graduate Program at Maurice Blackburn means an exciting start to your legal career in one of Australia's leading social justice law firms. The 12 month Graduate Program provides a broad range of training designed to give you insight into all aspects of plaintiff law. The program encourages active participation and contribution which enables you to be rewarded with excellent training opportunities, tangible professional development and an insight into life at Maurice Blackburn. The Program has been specifically designed to combine formal training with invaluable hands-on experience. If required, Maurice Blackburn will also support you to complete Practical Legal Training (PLT), a necessary requirement for admission.
The Program is a national program with Graduates placed across various practice areas and locations nationally. The program will be a 12-month placement with a practice area, giving the ability to create in-depth knowledge and experience in that area of law. You will work closely with senior lawyers and partners, and other internal and external experts, and be able to build lasting relationships through legal networking events. As a Law Graduate we encourage you to shadow experienced lawyers, attend court and client meetings, and even brief counsel.
Above all, you will be able to experience at first hand, life as a legal professional at one of Australia’s most trustworthy, successful and respected law firm.
Applications for the 2022 Graduate Program are now closed.
Trainee Legal Assistant Program
This program offers hands-on practical experience and insight into working in the legal industry over a 12-month period. This highly successful program has been running since 2008 and includes:
- A comprehensive induction program;
- An active learning environment with ongoing training opportunities; and
- A dedicated coach to support you throughout the program.
You will have a Coach and a People & Culture representative who will be there every step of the way to ensure you are supported for the duration of this program. Your Coach will share their knowledge, provide regular feedback, and guide you to be able to work independently as a Legal Support Professional.
You will be provided with in-depth training on:
- our technology systems;
- liaising with clients and third parties;
- drafting correspondence and legal documents;
- professional skills and time management;
- managing expenses and billing; and
- digital file management and record keeping.
What we’re looking for:
- A genuine interest in law;
- A strong understanding of what great customer service is
- Individuals who align with our values of fairness, compassion, tenacity and justice;
- Growth mindset, you’re able to talk to how you have owned your own development
- Confident communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Ability to apply time management and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated initiative, adaptability; resilience
- A client service and team focus, you’re a natural collaborator.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Key dates and information
Applications closed 11 February 2022.