Qualification(s): LLB, BA
Ashleigh Harrison is a compensation Associate practising in Maurice Blackburn’s Cairns office. She holds a double degree from the University of Adelaide in Law and Arts, with a major in Japanese.
Ashleigh joined Maurice Blackburn in 2011, and has gained valuable experience working with a wide range people and advocating for their rights.
“I find myself continually inspired by clients who, despite everything, maintain a positive outlook on life and see every hurdle as simply a new opportunity. This in turn makes me really passionate about being able to help these people to get what they need to move on with their lives,” says Ashleigh.
“I enjoy working with people and advocating for their rights. The most challenging part of my role is dealing with people on a very personal level, many of whom are experiencing massive changes. This is making me a better lawyer and a better person.”
Ashleigh volunteers at the Cairns Community Legal Centre. She is also a member of Maurice Blackburn’s Women’s Law Section, where she actively supports women’s rights.
Accreditations & memberships
- Queensland Law Society Member
- Far North Queensland Law Association member
- Queensland Law Association member
- Far North Medical and Legal Society member
- Australian Lawyers for Human Rights member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Cairns Community Legal Centre volunteer
- Maurice Blackburn's Women's Law Section