Azita Arian is an Employment & Industrial Lawyer at Maurice Blackburn’s Brisbane office. She has experience in various areas of employment and industrial law, including unfair dismissals, underpayment, discrimination, bullying, disciplinary proceedings and sexual harassment.
“I take pride in using my legal and advocacy skills to support workers by providing them with quality legal solutions that ensure they can resolve their workplace issues and move forward with their lives.”
Azita has assisted working people across various occupations and industries including the public sector, finance, health, education, transport and logistics and the mining industry. She is keenly aware that employment and the work environment is a significant part of people’s lives, and uses her knowledge and expertise to help get the best possible results for her clients. She is passionate about promoting access to justice and protecting workers rights in an industrial relations framework that often disadvantages workers and unions. Prior to joining Maurice Blackburn, Azita worked as an industrial officer.
- Defended a general manager within the finance industry from allegations of serious misconduct that resulted in the worker returning to work;
- Represented a senior public service employee in a workplace investigation;
- Obtained a settlement for a manager of a large major construction and infrastructure company who was bullied.
- Stopped an employer from enforcing a non-compete clause in a restraint of trade dispute.
- Assisted a product handler retain his job following allegations of serious health and safety breaches.
- Settled a general protections claim on behalf of a Principal Systems Engineer against a major company within the energy market.