Hugh Crosthwaite is an experienced employment Associate in Maurice Blackburn’s Melbourne office. He helps employees with a wide range of work-related issues.
Before joining Maurice Blackburn, Hugh worked as an employment lawyer for the Commonwealth Government where he gained insight and experience into how public sector employers manage employment disputes and misconduct investigations. He brings that experience to his practice every day for the benefit of his clients.
Hugh's recent employment and industrial law successes include"
- representing the Australian Workers’ Union in high profile litigation in the High Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia
- successfully negotiating the return to work of an employee who was the subject of a misconduct investigation
- negotiating a six-figure settlement for a public sector employee following prolonged workplace bullying after filing urgent court action to avoid the employer sacking the employee
- assisting an employee to make an effective public interest complaint to a government regulator, and
- representing vulnerable employees in anti-discrimination matters.
- Law Institute of Victoria member