Qualification(s): BA, LLB, GradDipLegPrac
Katerina Patras is a road accident and WorkCover Senior Associate in Maurice Blackburn’s Dandenong office, who also sees clients in our visiting office in Oakleigh. She helps people with TAC and workers' compensation claims.
Katerina holds a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from Monash University, as well as a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. She was admitted to practice in March 2013, and since then has mainly worked in road injury compensation.
Katerina has settled numerous common law negligence cases as well as cases for medical, wage and statutory entitlements.
“I enjoy assisting people from all walks of life and from diverse backgrounds, who otherwise might not have access to their legal entitlements,” says Katerina.
“My grandparents migrated to Australia in the 1960s and I am constantly inspired by their hard work and commitment to building a better life.”
Katerina speaks fluent Greek and sees clients in Maurice Blackburn’s Oakleigh visiting office and other locations as required. She is not afraid to take on the TAC to win disputed entitlements for road trauma survivors.
“My clients and other disadvantaged people in the community inspire me to keep fighting for better results and to keep brainstorming new ideas and ways to overcome challenges.”
Katerina’s commitment to improving the lives of her community continues outside her work at Maurice Blackburn. She is a volunteer at the Bentleigh branch of the Peninsula Community Legal Centre and the Greek Welfare Society in Brunswick.
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- Southern Solicitors Group member
- Maurice Blackburn Sustainability Committee member
- Maurice Blackburn Women’s Network member
- Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist, Personal Injuries Law 2021
- Law Institute of Victoria rising star finalist 2018
- Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Award Insurance category finalist 2018