Qualification(s): LLB, BA
Katie Minogue is a Principal Lawyer in Maurice Blackburn’s Victorian road injuries compensation practice. She is based in our Dandenong office and helps people with their TAC claims. She is also a Law Institute of Victoria personal injury accredited specialist.
Katie joined Maurice Blackburn in 2015 after spending several years at another Melbourne law firm. She holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts.
Communicating in a down-to-earth way with people from diverse backgrounds is one of Katie’s strengths, along with a highly compassionate approach to helping vulnerable people who need help to secure compensation after trauma.
“One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is the knowledge that my hard work and tenacious advocacy have led to an outcome that has made my client’s life a little bit easier during one of the most difficult periods they will go through,” says Katie.
“Getting good outcomes, whether it is a lump sum payment or some extra physio sessions, can make all the difference to people.”
Katie is recognised as one of Australia’s leading experts in driverless cars and the law. She has written numerous articles, prepared policy submissions to various bodies and appeared before both state and federal parliamentary enquiries on the topic.
Accreditations & memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Former LIV Transport Accident Committee member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- Doyles Guide - Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyer, Vic - Recommended lawyer, 2017
- Law Institute of Victoria Top 10 Rising Star, 2018
- LIV Rogers Legal Writing Award, 2018
- Maurice Blackburn Rising Star Award, 2017
- Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards, Senior Associate of the Year finalist 2020