Qualification(s): LLB, BA
Katie Minogue is a Senior Associate in Maurice Blackburn’s Victoria road and work accident injuries compensation practices. She leads our Traralgon office and helps people in the Gippsland area with their TAC and WorkCover claims.
Katie joined Maurice Blackburn in 2015 after spending several years at another Melbourne law firm. She holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts.
Communicating in a down-to-earth way with people from diverse backgrounds is one of Katie’s strengths, along with a highly compassionate approach to helping vulnerable people who need help to secure compensation after trauma.
“One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is the knowledge that my hard work and tenacious advocacy have led to an outcome that has made my client’s life a little bit easier during one of the most difficult periods they will go through,” says Katie.
“Getting good outcomes, such as lump sums or extra physio sessions can make all the difference to people.”
Katie has volunteered with a number of organisations in the past, including:
- South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault
- Victorian Aboriginal Legal Centre, and the
- Consumer Action Resource Centre.
In her spare time Katie, is a keen runner and qualified group fitness instructor.
Accreditations & memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- LIV Transport Accident Committee member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- Maurice Blackburn Sustainability Committee member
- Maurice Blackburn Women’s Network member