Qualification(s): LLB (Hons), BBus
Rachael McMahon is a Senior Associate in Maurice Blackburn's Cairns office and second in charge to the Cairns Regional Office Leader. She helps people with workers’ compensation, road accident injury and public liability claims.
Rachael grew up in Cairns and completed her Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Business at James Cook University. She is admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of Queensland and the High Court of Australia. Rachael joined Maurice Blackburn in 2013 after previously working for a number of years as a compensation lawyer in another local Cairns firm.
“I am constantly inspired by the perseverance and determination that my clients show during a difficult time which affects all aspects of their lives. This motivates me to fight hard to achieve the best outcomes for my clients,” says Rachael.
“The most challenging thing about my work is assisting people from a variety of different backgrounds to achieve successful outcomes within the constraints of the insurance and legal systems. All clients have different circumstances and expectations, and this is particularly so in a regional area like Far North Queensland.”
Rachael believes in the importance of community involvement, and she is a member of a number of local organisations.
Memberships & accreditations
- Queensland Law Society member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- North Queensland Law Association member
- Far North Queensland Law Association committee member
- Far North Queensland Medico-Legal Society member
- Women’s Centre Cairns Board member
- Maurice Blackburn Women’s Network regional office representative
- Far North Queensland Law Association secretary, 2012-2013
- Cairns Community Legal Centre Volunteer, 2011-2013