Deadlines for registering or opt out
If you received the Notice, or think you are a group member in the Boral Class Action, you must register before the deadline to ensure you have the opportunity to receive any compensation that may be recovered in the class action.
The deadline to register or opt out is 4pm on 12 January 2024 (AEDT).
If you do not register before that time, you may lose your entitlement to participate in any Court-approved settlement reached before 29 July 2024. We encourage you to register.
It does not cost you anything to register and you will never be asked to pay any costs out of your own pocket.
Am I eligible to join the class action?
You're eligible to register your interest in the class action if you purchased or acquired Boral ordinary shares, American Depository Receipts and/or Equity Swaps (Boral Securities) during the period 21 November 2016 to 10 February 2020.
Registration is cost and risk free. You will not be ‘out of pocket’ as a result of registering or participating in the Maurice Blackburn class action. If the case is successful, legal costs will be recovered from the compensation received. If the case is not successful, you will not be required to pay anything.
About this class action
Maurice Blackburn has filed a class action alleging Boral Ltd (BLD:ASX) engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct and breached its continuous disclosure obligations in the period 21 November 2016 to 10 February 2020.
The claim concerns Boral’s announcement on 5 December 2019 that it had identified ‘financial irregularities’ in its North American Windows business. More information about these financial irregularities was revealed by Boral at the time of the announcement of its preliminary half year results on 10 February 2020. Boral announced that finance personnel within the Windows business manipulated accounts and financial statements to artificially inflate the overall profitability and health of the Windows business. Boral said that the misconduct occurred over a 20-month period and that the irregularities would impact FY2020 and prior year results.
What steps do I need to take to register?
During the online registration process, we will ask you for the following details:
- an email address, which you check regularly;
- the claimant’s Holder Identifier Number (HIN) or relevant Security Holder Reference Number (SRN), if you know it;
- information on your shareholdings:
- if the claimant’s shares are held on his, her or its behalf by another person or entity (such as a broker or custodian), details of both those persons or entities and the capacities in which they held those shares;
- if the claimant holds the shares jointly with another person, that other person’s name;
- if the claimant has multiple holdings of shares, separate transaction details for each holding;
- the number of Boral (BLD) Securities that the claimant held at the open of trading on 21 November 2016
- the date, quantity and price of the claimant’s Boral (BLD) Securities purchases and sales from the commencement of trading on 21 November 2016 to 31 December 2021 (inclusive).
Note: Institutional investors are not required to provide details of holdings and Boral Securities transactions. We will contact you to obtain that information.
Australian leaders in class actions.
Our reputation for excellence in class actions is unparalleled, having recovered more than $4.2 billion for clients.
We are the only Australian class actions firm to deliver $100m+ settlements to clients in shareholder and listed securities actions, which we have done on ten occasions.
Lower cost to clients
We’re here to help. Get in touch with your local office.
Select your state below
We have lawyers who specialise in a range of legal claims who travel to Australian Capital Territory. If you need a lawyer in Canberra or elsewhere in Australian Capital Territory, please call us on 1800 675 346.
We have lawyers who specialise in a range of legal claims who travel to Tasmania. If you need a lawyer in Hobart, Launceston or elsewhere in Tasmania, please call us on 1800 675 346.