Qualification(s): LLB, BCom
Georgia Plunkett-Scott is a personal injuries Senior Associate based in Maurice Blackburn's Brisbane office and the National Practice Group leader of our Comcare and Federal Workers’ Compensation department.
“I have personal experience with injury and disability which has instilled in me a deep desire to help others in a similar position. My personal experiences have also helped me understand my clients on a deeper level, practically and empathetically,” says Georgia.
Georgia received a scholarship to study Law at the University of Notre Dame in Sydney and has degrees in Law and Commerce. She obtained her practical legal training through the College of Law, Sydney, and was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the Supreme Court of Queensland. She moved to Brisbane to join Maurice Blackburn in 2012.
Georgia's motivating force is to alleviate some of the difficulties in her clients' lives, which have been turned upside down by injury. Her empathy is coupled with a passion to fight for justice on behalf of her clients.
“I truly understand the difference that fair compensation can make in people’s lives. My clients have had ‘choice’ taken away from them because of their injuries and it is my mission to try and restore some choice to my client’s lives.”
Georgia also enjoys contributing to her local community. She volunteers for the the Cerebral Palsy League of Queensland, the Friends Committee at Ronald McDonald House Charity, and the Ronald McDonald House Make-a-Meal Program, and used to volunteer at the Pine Rivers Community Legal Centre.
Memberships & accreditations
- Queensland Law Society member
- Queensland Law Society Early Career Lawyers' Committee co-chair
- Australian Lawyers for Human Rights member
- Maurice Blackburn's Women's Network member
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland Emergent Lawyer of the Year finalist, 2016
- Australian Lawyers’ Alliance Emerging Lawyer of the Year award runner-up, 2013
- Dean’s List of Academic Excellence, CUA, Washington DC
- Maurice Blackburn Rising Star award, 2013