With over 10 years’ experience as an employment lawyer, Mia has a strong reputation as an expert in sexual harassment and discrimination law. She has conducted significant and high-profile sexual harassment litigation, and has secured record-breaking out-of-court settlements for her clients
Mia represents executives and employees across all areas of employment law, with extensive experience in contractual disputes, restraint of trade disputes, redundancies, workplace investigations, terminations, bullying, discrimination and harassment, unfair dismissals, whistleblower disputes, and adverse action matters.
Mia’s legal achievements include:
- Securing an important compensation settlement on behalf of two women whose claims of sexual harassment against former Supreme Court judge, Peter Vickery, were upheld by an independent investigation.
- Securing the reinstatement of an employee found to have been unfairly dismissed, Martin Bajelis v Reserve Bank of Australia  FWC 3740.
- Successfully defending restraint of trade proceedings to enforce a non-compete clause, DXC Eclipse Pty Ltd v Wildsmith (No 2)  NSWSC 1330.
- Negotiating favourable compensation for senior public sector employees in NSW.
- Obtaining favourable exit packages, without recourse to litigation, for senior executives, including in the context of workplace investigations or disciplinary processes.
- Securing the maximum compensation award in an unfair dismissal matter before the Fair Work Commission, Robert Lynd-Stevenson v Flinders University.
- Representing public and private sector whisleblowers in matters before the Federal Court of Australia.
What Mia’s clients say about her:
'I was just thrilled with the experience I had with Mia Pantechis. Just minutes into our first meeting I knew I was in a safe set of hands. She's technically super strong, a really good strategic thinker and was able to anticipate issues and opportunities in order to maximise outcomes. Her communication skills and bedside manner really helped turn a highly stressful situation into a manageable one. 10/10 for Mia!' - CEO, ASX Listed Company, 2021
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Society of NSW member
- Women Lawyers’ Association of NSW member
- Industrial Relations Society of NSW member
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW | Achievement Awards | Finalist for Private Practice Lawyer of the Year 2023
- Doyle's Guide | NSW Leading Employment Lawyer | 2022 - 2023
- Doyle's Guide | AUS Recommended Employment Lawyer | 2022 - 2023
- Lawyers Weekly | Women in Law Awards | Senior Associate of the Year 2020