Qualification(s): Grad Dip Leg Prac/Law, LLB, BBus
Emily Creak is an employment and industrial Associate, practising in Maurice Blackburn’s Melbourne office. Emily is a member of the only first tier law practice listed by the prestigious Doyles Guide 2017 for employee representation.
Emily assists employees and executives in the full range of employment law matters. This includes contractual disputes, termination of employment, discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment and disciplinary investigations. Emily’s clients benefit from the strategic and innovative approaches that she takes to complicated legal issues. She is vehemently protective of the interests of her clients and will therefore always focus on finding ways to protect their interests and reputation in the short and long term.
Emily's legal achievements include:
- negotiating a settlement equivalent to 2-years tax free salary, for an employee who had been sexually harassed
- negotiating the complete waiver of a 12-month non-compete clause for a C-suite executive who had accepted employment at a competitive business
- assisting a client to successfully defend vexatious allegations of workplace bullying
- negotiating a substantial financial settlement for an employee who had been subject to racial discrimination and harassment, and
- assisting a teacher to defend untrue allegations of improper conduct which were being investigated by the Department of Education. The allegations against the employee were withdrawn and the investigation remained confidential.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- LIV Employment and Industrial Relations Committee member
- Victorian Women Lawyers Work Practices Committee member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Awards Workplace Relations, Employment & Safety category finalist 2017