Qualification(s): Grad Dip Leg Prac/Law, LLB, BBus
Emily Creak is a Special Counsel practicing exclusively in employment and industrial relations law. Emily has been recognised by the Law Institute of Victoria as an Accredited Specialist in Workplace Relations Law.
- Represented a prominent media personality to renegotiate their contract for tens of millions of dollars.
- Acted for the Chief of Staff to a Victorian Government Minister whose workplace bullying complaint was investigated and upheld.
- Acted for three complainants in respect of their allegations of sexual harassment against a former High Court Judge.
- Negotiated the waiver of a 12-month non-compete clause for a C-suite executive who had accepted a role at a competitor.
- Negotiated a settlement equivalent to 2-years tax free salary, for an employee who had been sexually harassed.
- Negotiated a substantial financial settlement for an employee who had been subject to racial discrimination and harassment.
Emily’s clients include CEOs, Managing Directors, General Managers, lawyers, professionals in the marketing, finance and IT industries, accountants, engineers, scientists, senior public servants, academics, health and medical professionals. Emily’s clients benefit from the strategic and innovative approaches that she takes to solve complicated legal issues. She is vehemently protective of the interests of her clients and will always focus on finding ways to protect their interests and reputation both in the short and long term.
Emily has worked in the area of employment law for almost 10 years. She has a diverse employment background, with experience working as an employee lawyer, an employer lawyer and as in-house counsel.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law institute of Victoria Accredited Workplace Relations Specialist
- Employment, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Law Society of Tasmania