Qualification(s): LLB (Hons)
Daniel Victory is a Senior Associate in the Employment and Industrial Law practice. He joined the firm in 2006 and was admitted to practice in 2009.
Prior to working at Maurice Blackburn, Daniel worked at the Australian Council of Trade Unions and Monash University in the Faculty of Business and Economics. He is listed by the prestigious Doyles Guide as part of the only first tier law firm for employee & trade union representation in Victoria in 2017.
Daniel advises senior executive clients in all areas of employment law including workplace bullying, employment contracts, redundancy, restraint of trade, discrimination, sexual harassment, adverse action, and unfair dismissal.
Daniel has conducted litigation and provided advice to clients in a number of jurisdictions.
Examples of cases that Daniel has concluded successfully include:
- obtaining reinstatement a nurse with 30 years of service who was dismissed for alleged misconduct
- obtaining reinstatement for a council worker who was dismissed after his employer sent a private investigator into the workplace under cover
- obtaining resintatement for an airline engineer who was dismissed for breaching the company’s safety policy
- obtaining resintatement for a garbage truck driver who was dismissed for public urination
- obtaining reinstatement for two employees of Australia Post who were dismissed for breaches of their employer’s IT Policy (B, C and D v Australian Postal Corporation T/A Australia Post  FWCFB 6191)
- representing three employees in a judicial review application where the employer sought to overturn the decision of Fair Work Australia to reinstate them (Australian Postal Corporation v D’Rozario  FCAFC 89), and
- representing a a mine worker in a judicial review application after he was dismissed for failing a medical assessment (MBR v Parker  QCA 271).
Daniel also represented the Essendon Football Club in its challenge to the investigation conducted by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (Essendon Football Club v Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority  FCA 1019).
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Australian Labour Law Association member