Qualification(s): BA, LLB (Hons)
Liberty Sanger is a Principal, Board member and Practice Group Leader at Maurice Blackburn Lawyers who co-manages the firm’s Victorian WorkCover and road accident injuries (TAC) departments. Liberty is a qualified Law Institute of Victoria Personal Injury Accredited Specialist who became a lawyer to help people.
“I love getting excellent results for my clients. The process of obtaining compensation can be very stressful and confusing. Having to navigate your way through the WorkCover system at the same time as dealing with the consequences of your injury and the permanent changes to your life and life plans can be completely overwhelming. Knowing this, I am driven to make sure that I take that stress away from my clients and get them the best result possible. I have been told by many clients that having Maurice Blackburn on their side from the beginning of their claim took a load off their mind, and that the compensation I have obtained for them has made a real difference to their lives. Knowing the approach to my work and the outcomes I achieve has had that impact on their lives is incredibly satisfying.”
Liberty was raised in Wodonga and stayed true to her roots while progressing social agendas on national platforms through a number of political and community organisations. A self-confessed “committed unionist and opinionated chatterbox”, Liberty regularly voices her views on The Friday Wrap with Jon Faine on 774 Melbourne radio and by reviewing newspapers on ABC News Breakfast with Virginia Trioli and Michael Rowland. She has also been a guest on the ABC’s Q & A TV show.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria Member
- Law Institute of Victoria Personal Injury Accredited Specialist
- Australian Lawyers Alliance Member
- YWCA Life Member
- Emergency Services State Super Fund Board Director (2010-2013)
- Federation Square Pty/Ltd Board Director (2009-2012)
- Victoria Law Foundation Board Director (2004-2009)
- Liquor Control Advisory Council Chair (2006-2009)
- Media Code of Conduct Working Group on Body Image Chair (2007-2008)