Patrick Turner is an employment and industrial Senior Associate working in Maurice Blackburn’s Brisbane office, which is listed by the highly respected Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession as one of two top tier law firms for employees in Queensland. In 2017, Patrick was the recipient of the national Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Award for Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety.
“For many, our work is at the core of our identity,” says Patrick.
“When people are dismissed, discriminated against, bullied or otherwise mistreated in the course of their employment, this can pose a serious threat to their financial state and mental health. I practice employment law to fight for those who have suffered wrongs and who most need an advocate.”
Patrick acts for trade unions and private clients (employees, executives, directors) in litigated and non-litigated industrial disputation, disciplinary matters, breach of contract claims, general protections claims, unfair dismissals, discrimination complaints, anti-bullying matters, contractual negotiations, defamation, consumer law claims and other claims and actions arising under employment and industrial legislation.
In 2019, Patrick was appointed to the Queensland Law Society's Occupational and Discipline Law Committee.
Accreditations & memberships
- Queensland Law Society member
- YFS Limited director
- Queensland Law Society’s Occupational Discipline Law Committee member
- Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30 Workplace Relations, Employment and Safety Award, 2017
- Maurice Blackburn Queensland Social Justice Award, 2017
- Joan Allsop Prize, 2013
- Lions of Queensland John Francis O'Grady Memorial scholarship, 2013
- Dean's Commendation for High Achievement, 2012