Qualification(s): BComm, LLB (Hons)
Ronald Koo is a Senior Associate in Maurice Blackburn's class actions team in Melbourne.
Ronald is currently representing shareholders in a class action against QBE Ltd for alleged breaches of its ASX continuous disclosure obligations, engaging in misleading or deceptive conduct and making false or misleading statements.
Ronald is an experienced class actions lawyer having worked on all aspects of class actions across Federal and State jurisdictions (at trial and appellate level). Some notable matters he has worked on include the:
- shareholder class action against Multiplex Ltd which settled for $110 million in 2010
- Kilmore East - Kinglake Bushfire class action which settled for a record $494 million in 2014 - the highest class action settlement in Australian legal history
- Air Cargo cartel class action against major international airlines which settled for $38 million in 2014
- bank fees class actions
- tort-based class action against the Steve of Victoria in the Abalone Virus matter, and
- shareholder class action against Allco Ltd.
Ronald graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne. He completed his articled clerkship at Maurice Blackburn.
Beyond his work at Maurice Blackburn, Ronald has had longstanding interest and commitments in various social justice, community development and arts initiatives including his long tenure as Secretary and Board Member of Multicultural Arts Victoria.