Qualification(s): BA, LLB (Hons)
Azmeena Hussain is a Principal Lawyer practicing exclusively in the WorkCover department, and she is also our Melbourne office leader. She is a Law Institute of Victoria personal injury accredited specialist, and is listed in the prestigious Doyles guide.
Azmeena acts for clients who have suffered an injury, illness or disease arising out of, or in the course of their employment. She is committed to achieving the best possible results for injured workers and ensuring that every worker has access to their entitlements.
She has a strong passion for access to justice for the most marginalised in our community and she is an active member of the culturally and linguistically diverse community.
Memberships & Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria Personal Injury Accredited Specialist
- Australian Law Alliance member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- InTouch Multicultural Centre against Family Violence director
- Islamic Museum of Australia director
- Office for Women Islamic Council of Victoria Vice-President
- Victorian Women's Trust trustee and director
- Victoria Police Human Rights Advisory advisor
- Australian Football League community ambassador
- Australian Multicultural Foundation advisor
- Australia Day Awards New Australian of the Year Awards judging Panel Member
- Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre director (2013)
- Doyles Guide - Work Injury Compensation Lawyer, Vic - Recommended lawyer, 2017