Qualification(s): BA, LLB (Hons)
Azmeena Hussain is a Principal Lawyer practicing exclusively in the WorkCover department, and she is also our Melbourne office leader. She is a Law Institute of Victoria personal injury accredited specialist, and is listed in the prestigious Doyles guide.
Azmeena acts for clients who have suffered an injury, illness or disease arising out of, or in the course of their employment. She is committed to achieving the best possible results for injured workers and ensuring that every worker has access to their entitlements.
She has a strong passion for access to justice for the most marginalised in our community and she is an active member of the culturally and linguistically diverse community.
Memberships & Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria Personal Injury Accredited Specialist
- Member, Australian Law Alliance
- Member, Victorian Women Lawyers
- Chairperson, Islamic Museum of Australia
- Non Executive Director, Football Victoria
- Outgoing Director, InTouch Multicultural Centre against Family Violence
- Outgoing Director and Trustee, Victorian Women's Trust (2018-2019)
- Outgoing Victorian Police Human Rights Advisory advisor
- Advisor, Australian Multicultural Foundation
- Outgoing, Australia Day Awards New Australian of the Year Awards judging Panel Member
- Outgoing Director, Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre
- Doyles Guide - Work Injury Compensation Lawyer, Vic - Recommended lawyer, 2020
- Doyles Guide - Work Injury Compensation Lawyer, Vic - Recommended lawyer, 2017