Qualification(s): BA, LLB (Hons)
Azmeena Hussain is a Senior Associate practicing exclusively in the WorkCover department of Maurice Blackburn's Melbourne office. She is a Law Institute of Victoria personal injury accredited specialist, and is listed in the prestigious Doyles guide.
Azmeena acts for clients who have suffered an injury, illness or disease arising out of, or in the course of their employment. She is committed to achieving the best possible results for injured workers and ensuring that every worker has access to their entitlements.
She has a strong passion for access to justice for the most marginalised in our community and she is an active member of the culturally and linguistically diverse community.
Memberships & Associations
- Australian Law Alliance member
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Victorian Women Lawyers member
- InTouch Multicultural Centre against Family Violence, Director
- Islamic Museum of Australia, Director
- Office for Women Islamic Council of Victoria, Vice-President
- Victoria Police Human Rights Advisory, Advisor
- Australian Football League community, Ambassador
- Australian Multicultural Foundation, Advisor
- Australia Day Awards New Australian of the Year Awards, Judging Panel Member
- Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre, Director (2013)
- Doyles Guide - Work Injury Compensation Lawyer, Vic - Recommended lawyer, 2017