Qualification(s): LLB (Hons) BSc (Psych)
Trang van Heugten is Special Counsel, practising in the Public Liability and Faulty Products department at Maurice Blackburn, based in Melbourne.
Trang has substantial experience across a wide range of public liability and faulty product matters, including successfully representing people who have been injured after landlords, councils, schools, shops, manufacturers and other businesses and organisations failed to take reasonable care to members of the public.
Some of Trang's successful cases include a:
- tenant who fell five metres to the ground when the balustrade of his rented property collapsed
- disabled man who sustained severe burns to over half of his body when he was trapped in a shower facility of a nursing home
- homeowner who free fell several metres in the defective lift which was installed in her home
- shopper who was almost crushed by a defective shopping trolley while travelling on an travelator, and
- mum who sustained serious back injuries when she was crushed under the weight of unsecured soccer goal posts
Trang also has substantial experience across a wide range of commercial and civil litigation.
Before joining the Public Liability department, Trang worked as a senior lawyer for Maurice Blackburn Commercial, assisting in the conduct of a large Supreme Court action between pharmaceutical corporations. Trang was the Associate to Mr Justice Peter Buchanan of the Victorian Court of Appeal from 2000 to 2002 and worked as a lawyer at another leading law firm from 2002 to 2008.
Trang graduated from La Trobe University with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and was admitted to practice in 1999. She also holds a Bachelor of Science (Psychology) from the University of Melbourne, and speaks fluent Vietnamese.
In addition to seeing clients in our Melbourne office, Trang is based in the Geelong office once a week, and can see clients throughout Victoria at our suburban and regional offices.
Memberships & accreditations
- Law Institute of Victoria member
- Law Institute of Victoria personal injury accredited specialist
- Western Suburbs Lawyers Association member
- Geelong Law Association member