Qualification(s): LLB, BA
Dimi Ioannou is a Principal Lawyer and Practice Group Leader at Maurice Blackburn Lawyers in charge of the firm’s Public and Product Liability team in Melbourne. Dimi is an accredited specialist in personal injury law.
Dimi works in the area of public liability and represents clients in a wide range of consumer law litigation involving different product liability claims.
Dimi also represents families at coronial inquests, acting on behalf of the families of those who have died as a result of negligence, and she is a senior member of the firm's national sexual and institutional abuse compensation team and has a particular interest in bringing claims for the survivors of childhood sexual abuse. She is specially trained in trauma informed practice which ensures she works with clients to access justice in a way that recognises the complex trauma they have suffered.
Dimi has also represented hundreds of road accident clients who have lodged compensation claims with the Transport Accident Commission.
Dimi is passionate and committed about defending the rights of her clients’ entitlements. She knows that the legal world can be daunting, therefore, makes the process as easy as possible for those she is advocating on behalf of. She has provided legal advice to many Maurice Blackburn clients and has been active in litigation in both the County and Supreme courts. She also advocates in many forums for the rights of those who have sustained serious injuries.
“We’ve been helping clients for almost 100 years at Maurice Blackburn, and public safety is something I take very seriously. It’s important that people know they are protected if something goes wrong through the negligence of someone else and I pride myself on achieving a just outcome for those affected”.
Dimi speaks fluent Greek and is actively involved in Melbourne’s Greek community.
- Doyle's Guide Recommended Public Liability Compensation Lawyer – Victoria, 2021
- Doyle's Guide Recommended Work Injury Compensation Lawyer – Victoria, 2021
Accreditations & memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Personal Injury Specialist
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- Law Institute of Victoria Public Liability Committee member
- Law Institute of Victoria Litigation Lawyers Executive Committee member
- Leadership program, Mt Eliza Business School, 2014
- Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors