Qualification(s): LLB (Hons), Dip FP
Josh Mennen is a Principal Lawyer in the Superannuation and Insurance practice in Maurice Blackburn's Brisbane office. He regularly visits Melbourne, Sydney and Canberra, and is available to see clients in these locations as well.
Josh works in a range of jurisdictions, including State and Federal courts and tribunals. He has an impressive record representing consumers of insurance products in claims and disputes including life insurance, income protection and superannuation claims.
Josh also represents victims of negligent financial planning and stockbroking advice, including through the compensation schemes such as the CBA Open Advice Review Program and the Macquarie Private Wealth compensation scheme.
Josh works closely with various unions, and a range of consumer and other community support groups including the Leukaemia Foundation, the MS Society, social workers, financial counsellors and many more. He presents seminars and acts pro-bono for these groups and their members to increase consumer rights awareness, and give a voice to those disempowered by illness, injury and socio/economic barriers.
Memberships & Accreditations
- New South Wales Law Society member
- Law Council of Australia’s Consumer Law Committee member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance member
- ALA Disability Insurance National Special Interest Group Executive Committee member
- ALA superannuation and insurance spokesperson
- Financial Planning Association planning and policy committee member